What is mysql?
- It’s an open source and free database
What is a table?
- A set of columns and rows
What is a column?
- A set of data of a single type? like
last_nameand can be made up of strings, integers, etc.
What is a row?
- A single record of data that contain details like
info about Kevin
What is a Field
- Is an intersection of a column and a row for example,
What is an Index?
- A Data structure on a table that increases lookups, works like an index in a book.
- Table column whose values reference rows in another table
- IT’s the foundation of relational databases
What is CRUD
- An acronym that stands for the 4 most basic operations performed by a database.
- Create, Read, Update, Delete
Code SnippetsCREATE TABLE subjects ( id INT(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
menu_name VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL, position INT(3) NOT NULL, visible TINYINT(1), PRIMARY KEY (id) );