- ecommerce - sell products / services
- lead generation - collect user info, test strategies and landing pages
- content publishers - encourage repeat visits
- branding - awareness and loyalty
- New user
- Repeat visitor
- All Web Site Data
- Master View
- Test View
- Attribution - Assigning credit for sales and conversions. The process for assigning credit for sales and conversions.
- Attribution Model - Rules that define how to assign credit for sales and conversions.
- Conversion - A completed acticvity that you deep important to your business goals.
- Example: signing up for a newsletter
- Dimension - Describes characteristics of a piece of data.
- Example: City name or state is a dimension of location
- Event - An action that is tracked when a user interacts with content.
- Goal - Used to track discrete actions and their value.
- Example: Purchasing more then $5 worth of products
- Hit - An interaction that sends data to Google Analytics
- Example: Viewing a page
- Metric - An individual element of a dimension that can be measured as a sum or ratio.
- Pageview - When a page is loaded, or reloaded, in the browser.
- Segment - A set of users that share common attributes.
- Session - The period of time a user is active on your site.
- Default: 30 minutes
- Source / Medium
- Source - us the origin of the traffic, where medium is the category of that source.
- Example: Facebook / Social